A boy in Georgia was drinking water that had moldy food, a girl was drinking drinking tap water and another boy was drinking a water with a “cinnamon-like” smell.
The boy’s mother, Tania Johnson, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that her son had trouble swallowing and was vomiting when she went to check on him earlier this month.
When Johnson took her son to the hospital, doctors told her that he had a “toxic moldy-like smell” in his body, Johnson said.
She told The Journal-Sentinel that she called the Atlanta Water Department and the Georgia Department of Environmental Quality but was told the boy was not sick.
Johnson told the newspaper that her husband told her about the situation and that the boy is fine, although he’s since complained of feeling sick.
The girl in Georgia is not the only boy in the state to have water with “moldy” food.
In Alabama, a 17-year-old boy complained about being sick after drinking water from a nearby creek, The Times Free Press reported.
A spokesman for the Department of Water Resources in Montgomery, Ala., said there was no record of a complaint.
But the girl who told the Times Free Pilot that she had been drinking tap waters with mold for about six weeks said she noticed the smell was “not a pleasant smell” and that it was difficult to swallow.
In Georgia, Johnson told The Associated Press that the department sent a representative to check the boy’s water and said that he was “healthy” and “not suffering from any medical conditions.”
She said that she has been going to the school district twice to complain about the water since the incident and that no one has called her back.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.